Call for Papers
The European Conference on Software Architecture (ECSA) is the premier European software architecture conference, providing researchers, practitioners, and educators with a platform to present and discuss the most recent, innovative and significant findings and experiences in the field of software architecture research and practice. In 2010, the conference will feature keynotes, research track, Industrial track, workshops, tutorials, doctoral symposium, and tool demonstrations and poster presentations.
For the research track, the organizing committee of ECSA 2010 seeks submissions of papers describing basic and applied research, novel applications and experience reports (in addition to research challenges) on all topics related to software architectures including, but not limited to:
- requirements engineering and software architectures,
- quality attributes and software architectures,
- architecture reengineering, recovery,
- architecture conformance, run-time monitoring,
- aspect-oriented software architectures,
- Service-Oriented Architectures (SOA),
- web services: composition, orchestration, choreography,
- architecture-based solutions for evolving software intensive systems,
- architectures for ultra-large and long-lived systems,
- ontology-based approaches for component and architecture description,
- process and management of architectural decisions,
- process models and frameworks for architecture-centric software engineering,
- architecture-centric model driven engineering,
- architectural features of Model Driven Architecture (MDA),
- software tools and environments for architecture-centric software engineering,
- architectural concerns of autonomic systems,
- component-based models, middleware, component-based deployment,
- technology of components and component-based frameworks,
- industrial applications, case studies, best practices and experience reports,
- architecture description languages and metamodels,
- architectural models, patterns and styles,
- architecture analysis, validation and verification,
- architecture transformation and refinement,
- architecture-based synthesis, code generation,
- architecture-based support for reconfigurable, adaptive or mobile applications.
Like previous years, ECSA 2010 seeks four types of papers for the research track:
- Full research papers and Experience papers (max. 16 pages in LNCS style) which describe novel contributions to software architecture research (submissions should cover work that has a sound scientific/technological basis and has been validated).
- Emerging research papers (max. 8 pages in LNCS style) which present promising preliminary results from work-in-progress in a topic of software architecture research (submissions should cover work that has a sound basis, but perhaps has not been validated in full).
- Research challenge papers (max. 4 pages in LNCS style) which present significant research challenges in theory or practice of software architecture (submissions should clearly present the research questions and their rationale).
All submitted papers will undergo a rigorous peer review process. Papers will be selected based on originality, quality, soundness and relevance. All contributions must be original, not published, accepted or submitted for publication elsewhere. All accepted papers will appear in the conference proceedings. The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag as part of the Lecture Notes in Computer Science (LNCS) series. The submission should be prepared using the Springer LNCS style. Submit your paper electronically in PDF via the submission system.
Link to Information for LNCS Authors
Selected papers from ECSA 2010 will be published in the journal of Software and Systems Modeling (SoSyM).
- Abstract due:
March 15, 2010Closed
- Paper submission due:
April 5, 2010 April 11, 2010Closed
- Notification of acceptance:
May 24, 2010Closed
- Camera-ready paper due:
June 11, 2010Closed
August 23-26, 2010Complete successfully :-)